Thursday, November 8, 2007

On Hiatus

After receiving my first batch of rejections, I have been reveiwing my submitted work and I think my synopsis is all wrong. Even after working on it so hard, it just doesn't convey my book like it should I think. It's essentially a plot summary with no excitement or tension.

With this in mind, I've decided to take a step back from it for a few weeks to let it all settle in my head. Then I will start rewriting my synopsis, maybe even writing a few actually, and see if I can make the necessary improvements.

I really think I got so caught up in everything that I just couldn't see straight by the time I submitted to agents. The submitting process can be so long and difficult, so I don't feel bad taking a little break, especially if I can improve my chances by improving my synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment