Friday, April 17, 2009

Because Stephanie IS That Awesome

Okay, if you don't know about the incredible Stephanie Perkins, you need to. The girl is unbelievably cool. So cool that I get knots in my stomach trying to be marginally funny when I comment on her hilarious blog. In all honesty, I kinda stalk her, but I'm too afraid I'm not awesome enough to actually hang out with her.

Why? Well, first off, she has blue hair. And, um, that's almost the epitome of awesome already. Second, she has good taste in about everything, from HBMs to cupcakes to books to friends. And third, she's just that funny (and those closest to me know how intimidated I am by funny people).

So you'd think that was all the awesome one cute little person could contain, right? Oh no. It's not. She snagged the uber cool Kate Testerman as her agent earlier this year, which means she's also a great writer. And THEN, guess what? Guess what? She just sealed a TWO BOOK deal with Dutton! SQUEE!!! And with John Green's editor, no less. Congrats, Steph! I bow to your freaking awesomeness!

(The over usage of "awesome" in this post just proves how excited I am. I did it on purpose, I swear.)

9 comments:

  1. I just stopped by her blog to congratulate her. She DOES seem quite funny. I love it that you are so awesomely excited for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome for her! Huge boost to all of us. It can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for her!!! I just was over at her blog and read through! She's so hilarious. I feel so cool! I've been following her blog since before she had an agent. I knew she would take off because I just had to read her blog. She totally cracks me up! Plus she has amazing taste in books and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [Wow, I am humbled and astounded and honored by these compliments! Thank you, everyone!! From the bottom of my heart!]

    Natalie: Thank you for this AMAZINGLY KIND AND WONDERFUL POST. You leave me (nearly) speechless. YOU are awesome. I'm so proud to call you my friend -- my VERY FUNNY friend -- and I can't wait to celebrate YOUR good news! Orange clothing for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, you deserve every kind word. And let's hope my news stays good. I have freak outs every other hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran over and had to comment. Wow she IS that awesome! Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *squee*

    Fantastic things are catching, I tell you. It's an epidemic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! I'm a big fan of Stephanie's blog, and I agree that her wit is awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete